If you dig deep enough, everybody has a story. Today’s guest has gone through some unbelievable events in her life and has a shocking and heartwarming story to tell. Anita Baker is one of the sharpest and best-dressed women you will ever meet, and at age 75 she truly lives life with gratitude and reverence for the present moment. She shares her story about loss, rebirth, tragedy and life lessons.
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
- More about Anita’s dad, Helmut Gerth, one of the most famous and sought after photographers in Canada.
- Inside Anita’s mother’s struggle with epilepsy, leading Anita to be left as the caretaker of the family by age 12.
- The accident that changed everything in Anita’s life.
- What life was like after the accident and the discoveries of alcoholism in her family that burdened Anita.
- Anita’s career in nursing, and why she loved helping and caring for others.
- More about Anita’s beautiful marriage to her husband Bob, which resulted in a lifetime partnership and three children.
- The empire that she and her husband Bob built, and ways that they were entrepreneurs before it was even in style.
- The training Anita did personally and professionally to find her own voice, and the ways she loves to share it.
- How she keeps active, sharp, and engaged at 75.
- More about her great loves including golf, painting, and fashion.
- Some of the biggest lessons she has lived about life and living.
- Why Anita moved back to Victoria and still loves being close to the water.
- “What I learned from my father was to learn in life what makes me happy.”
- “There is no such thing as a normal family. Everyone has something.”
- “I am a very forthright woman.”
- “Having cancer was a gift. It gave me gratitude and a different perspective on life.”
- “You have to let go of fear.”
Journey Into the Inner Circle:
@CarrieADoll – Twitter
@carriedollconsulting – Instagram
Carrie Doll – Facebook
Please rate, review and follow the podcast!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.