Today we have a very special guest joining us in The Inner Circle.
Stephen Petasky is the founder of the Luxus Group, he is my best friend and husband, and we both are very excited to share our journey of how we conquered the 75 Hard Challenge together. From the tough lessons, to the health wins, to the new habits we'll be implementing in our lives, you will not want to miss this.
Let's dig in!
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
- 2:25 - Carrie and Stephen introduces us to "75 Hard Challenge" that seeks to be more than just a physical change, but a mental transformation.
- 3:52 - He describes the 5 pieces of the challenge, how and why it works, and the changes it derives in ourselves.
- 9:32 - You don't know what you don't know when you are getting into this. The 75 Hard Challenge takes us to a whole new place, where we won't know what will make us feel.
- 11:30 - We recall the first Friday night of the challenge, we hadn't had any alcohol in days, it was very cold, but we went out to walk. The power and connection it created just by replacing some habits with others better for us were so impactful.
- 13:16 - By simply introducing walking into our regime, it helped us in our growth and development.
- 15:22 - Stephen talks to us about his goal of improving our brain health, the 3 pillars for everyone to improve and how these changes affect us.
- 21:00 - Stephen describes the power of sleep, the circadian rhythm, and, the healing and recovery effect it has upon us.
- 26:25 - We talk about the importance of melatonin for going deep sleeping, and how to use our hormones to our success.
- 27:55 - We further explore the changes of resetting our "set point", what it is, and how to take advantage of it.
- 31:45 - We continue with the nutritional part of the interview, you'll be amazed by what type of food is critical for your health.
- 35:58 - A big area for us to improve was gut health, what type of biotics we introduced to our lives and the resulting differences in our bodies that had been incredible.
- 39:58 - We discuss hormone health and the battle it has been in our lives, the changes we did and the phenomenal result.
- 42:33 - Finally, we talk about what are the "new habits" we'll keep implementing in our lives. Don't miss out.
- "I think there's enough garbage out there about weight loss journeys and that where people yo-yo diet and don't achieve the health goals that they want".
- "That was the moment where I understood that I can do a lot more than I think I can".
- "It was the behavior, the habit of having it just the sake of having it versus replacing that behavior or habit with luck".
- "What we found was our habit of drinking wine to reconnect was replaced by a new habit of going for walks together, and it benefited us in countless ways".
- "When you're done sleeping, don't let the alarm snooze (and stress you)".
- "If you have to wake naturally, just get up when you wake up naturally".
- "The blue light that's emitted from your phone blocks the production of melatonin when you are sleeping".
- "Your body fights to be at a specific weight that you are pre-programmed to be at".
- "No matter what, during the day take something green, get your micronutrients during the day".
- "You have to support your partner in this journey".
@stephenpetasky - Twitter
@stephenpetasky - Instagram
@Stephen Petasky - Facebook
-Shawn Stevenson - Sleep Smarter. https://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Smarter-Essential-Strategies-Success-ebook/dp/B019G14UQI
-Jonathan Bailor - The Setpoint Diet. https://www.amazon.com.mx/Setpoint-Diet-21-Day-Program-Permanently/dp/0316483834
Journey Into the Inner Circle:
@CarrieADoll - Twitter
@carriedollconsulting - Instagram
@Carrie Doll - Facebook
Please rate, review and follow the podcast!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.