My guest today, Sherry Torkos, is a holistic pharmacist and leading health expert who has delivered hundreds of lectures to medical professionals and the public around the world.
She has won several national pharmacies awards for providing excellence in patient care and is the author of 18 books. Her philosophy is to integrate conventional and complementary therapies to optimize health and prevent disease.
Her journey will inspire and empower you to never stop searching for answers when you know something is wrong and be your own health advocate.
I'm so excited to welcome the one and only Sherry Torkos to The Inner Circle.
WHAT YOU'LL HEAR IN THIS EPISODE:
- 6:24 - We start with a little of Sherry's life, the challenges of getting pregnant.
- 10:04 - We talk about Sherry's childhood, the issues raised during her youth, and the horrible experience she had to endure.
- 19:17 - Sherry address why so many people so poorly tolerate gluten and the theories around it.
- 22:44 - Sherry reveals what put her on the path of holistic pharmacy and how receptive other doctors were to it.
- 28:17 - After gathering so much knowledge, Sherry was writing books and traveling around the world; she describes how her journey was.
- 34:10 - A lot of people are doing things to improve their immunity, health, and wellness. Sherry discusses what we can complement our daily routines.
- 44:00 - From a medical perspective, Sherry answers if she was surprised by the COVID outbreak, and what is her opinion of it.
- 46:35 - Moving on into one of the misunderstood and misdiagnosed conditions in women, hormonal and thyroid issues, Sherry comments on what we are dealing with and what she is hearing and seeing.
- 55:45 - Poor gut health is a big issue for many people, but probiotics can improve our gut health. Sherry explains the benefits of taking probiotics supplements and her advice to get our kids on the right path to eat the right food and supplements.
- "It's how you live your lifestyle the majority of the time that makes an impact."
- "It was a mystery why I was afflicted."
- "I was very mentally and physically drained."
- "If you eat something and your body is saying out loud, this is not good for you, then stay away from it."
- "Drugs do not have all the answers."
- "It was the worst experience ever."
- "Fresh is best."
- "Maybe we weren't as well prepared for this one as we should have been."
- "Have a doctor that was willing to look beyond the numbers."
Sherry Torkos - Website
@holistic.sherry - Facebook
@sherrytorkos - Instagram
JOURNEY INTO THE INNER CIRCLE:
Carrie Doll - Website
@CarrieADoll - Twitter
@Carrie Doll - Facebook
@Carrie Doll - YouTube
@carriedollconsulting - Instagram
@CarrieDoll - LinkedIn
Please rate, review and follow the podcast!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.